Footswiches using Arduino

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else

Moderator: jesse

olioop

Footswiches using Arduino

Post by olioop »

I made a footswitch board because I couldn't see myself using SooperLooper while peering at the laptop and fiddling with the trackpad .It uses an Arduino Due board to send keystroke and mouse signals to the GUI and light up leds on the board so you know what's on and what's off.
There are four tracks , each has an arming button (Green) and seven leds. Top four are Mute Overdub Multiply and Solo , then below the button theres Record and Play , and below them in the middle an led to show the track is armed.
The other buttons from top left are Redo , Undo , Mute , Overdub, Record/Play, Multiply , Solo , Volume Down , Volume Up. These take effect on whichever track is armed.
Just finished it and I think all the code for the Arduino works as it should , Solo switches on Mute led on other tracks etc etc..
The leds are different colours,, in the photo they look alike but it shows yellow solo on plus blue mutes , red record and track orange. The yellow, red and orange look the same in the picture but that's just my camera.
There are about 16 spare pins on the arduino , so I could have made it 6 track but 4 seems plenty. I could also have used some of the other keystroke commands and put more switches to trigger them , once I'd got the code sorted it's quite simple.
I'll put the code and build up at Instructables and/or the Arduino projects pages someday soon.

Not sure if these images work. This does..
https://ibb.co/5sNwD8z
jesse

Re: Footswiches using Arduino

Post by jesse »

That is super cool looking! Regarding the lights, did you just have to match SL's logic in order to get the lights to correspond to the correct state?
olioop

Re: Footswiches using Arduino

Post by olioop »

Hi , not quite sure what you mean by "matching logic".. I guess so, I just looked at SL and noted all the dependancies ,Solo switching Mute on other tracks , Record switching Multiply off but not switching itself on ,,etc etc. and wrote code to cover them , and the one-second change in the action of the switch from switch on- press to switch on- release. Volume works by positioning the cursor over Vol Out slider via a keystroke whenever a track is selected and scrolling up or down via another keystroke when the volume buttons are pushed. All the keystrokes are triggered by the Arduino when the buttons are pressed.
I tried it using relays and transistors first,,,fried my brain! When I realised the amount of soldering involved I turned to Arduino instead.
Anyway , glad you like it!