Any comparison or controls mapping to Mobius Looper ?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else

Moderator: jesse

falcon74

Any comparison or controls mapping to Mobius Looper ?

Post by falcon74 »

Hi,

Have used Mobius Looper (the free Windows based looper, also used by Ed Sheeran and many others), though I'd consider myself a beginner.
Considering moving to SooperLooper. Wondering if anyone ever did a feature comparison of SooperLooper vs Mobius Looper ? Coming from Mobius Looper, there is a certain "way of thinking" on how to interact with the looper, regarding Rec/Play/Overdub, switching inputs/outputs for tracks, switching tracks, clearing all tracks at once, stopping all tracks at once, muting tracks etc.

Note that I was still using keyboard (not MIDI controller or OSC controller) to control Mobius, and thinking of making an Arduino Nano based Hairless MIDI (Serial over USB) bridge w/ virtual MIDI port type of arrangement. Would it be fair to assume that a similar setup can used with Sooperlooper as well ?

thanks,
F74
jesse

Re: Any comparison or controls mapping to Mobius Looper ?

Post by jesse »

I haven't looked at Mobius in a while, but you can use a keyboard to control SL as well, although I would recommend MIDI, especially if you are thinking about building your own arduino device anyway. The specifics will likely be different than Mobius, but you can probably accomplish most of what you did there in SL. Probably not all, though....