[cmd pause] active at the end of a loop?

Talk about your MIDI bindings and controller setup

Moderator: jesse

fred

[cmd pause] active at the end of a loop?

Post by fred »

Hi,

I just discover SL, and find it very nice.
Right clic on buttons and midi learn the key of keyboard is really cool by example.

To fit my "needs" it takes a "pause button" which pause the loop at its end, so I could be fast enough to crossfade between differents ambiances in one song
Does it exist? I's not lucky enough to find in the preferences/MIDI bindings/command-control list

Thanks
Freasy

Re: [cmd pause] active at the end of a loop?

Post by Freasy »

Hello,
I think the quantize mute function is what you are looking for. You have to activate "quantize mute" on the interface, then press mute and it will mute the loop after it played if sync is set to "loop". If you want to restart it, you can use "trigger". It will start instantly then, or press mute again.

I hope I could help ;)
Happy new year!
fred

Post by fred »

Thanks & happy new year Freasy, it may do the trick.
Have fun,
fred

Post by fred »

Hum, have made some tests & can't find a way to use SooperLooper as I have thought possible.

Maybe it's not the right tool to do this (plus... am new in it)) :
Goal is to load different samples (drums, bass, synths, FX) of same time size, and play they in synchro. All of they at the same time OR not, sometimes muting some, sometimes not. It will maybe need something else than SooperLooper, to switch between samples that way (or don't have find it for now)

Not sure am clear enough... What I search is a way to tell the sample that it have to start when others are at "zero" position, and/or to stop when "end" position is reached.
(and the lenght of all samples is between "zero" and "end" in this example)

Someone here might be interested in trying to help a newbie?

Thanks!
Freasy

Post by Freasy »

Switching samples "on the fly" is quite difficult I guess... Never used that, so can't really help with that.
So basically you want to crossfade between samples?
I tried a little bit and I think that this is what you want:
You have, say 4 loops. 1-3 are playing, you want them to stop and play loop 4 instead.
What I tried is to mute loop 4, let 1-3 play. Then solo loop 4, 4 will be unmuted, 1-3 are muted when the "masterloop" (the others sync to) is finished playing.
You would then have to set "sync to" to "Loop 4", load your samples in 1-3, maybe let one of them play with 4 and the game starts again. The next sample you want to "blend in" has to be set "solo" again, the old soloed sample will be unsoloed.
I attached a screenshot with my setup.
Attachments
SL-mutetest.png
SL-mutetest.png (178.97 KiB) Viewed 25306 times