Sooperlooper not showing up in qjackctl

Problems getting SL up and running on Linux? Post here.

Moderator: jesse

cowboystitching

Sooperlooper not showing up in qjackctl

Post by cowboystitching »

This is a perplexing one. When I use Sooperlooper with just my computer's internal mic and speakers it works fine. But when I try and use it with my Presonus Audiobox (which I have been able to configure in qjackctl and also record/playback with in Ardour, so no compatibility issues) it doesn't show up in the audio connections window of qjackctl at all. Nothing. Is there some other place I need to configure that audio interface before software applications will recognize it as the audio interface of JACK? :?:

Any help is greatly appreciated.
kasbah

Re: Sooperlooper not showing up in qjackctl

Post by kasbah »

If you start SLGUI before you start jackd it will start it's own jack server which looks in ~/.jackdrc or /etc/jackdrc for it's config. So try this:

-start qjackctl and start jackd from within it configured to use the Presonus
-then start SLGUI

If that works but you would rather not start jackd manually everytime then edit your ~/.jackdrc or /etc/jackdrc appropriately to use the right backend. If you still have problems could you post the terminal output from SLGUI please.
cowboystitching

Ok, so I was in fact able to get SL to show up in the audio connections window of Qjackctl after messing around and changing the server path for my audio box. Now I'm getting a connection in the readable/writeable clients/in-output ports called PulseAudio JACK Source, which I tried connecting to SL, but to no avail. No sound is going to SL unless I use the "system" in and outs in the patchbay. :?:
cowboystitching

Aha! Success! I had no idea about the alsa_in/alsa_out utility. :idea:

Utilizing this guide http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/WalkThro ... /AlsaInOut I was able to get it working! You guys will have to excuse my ignorance with these sort of utilities, as I'm a longtime Apple user who has jumped over to using Linux. The learning curve isn't horrible like some new users say it is, but there's definitely alot more to get used to. :mrgreen: