Pitch!

Discuss future feature requests. All ideas welcome.

Moderator: jesse

yhoyland

Pitch!

Post by yhoyland »

Real-time pitch!
jesse

Re: Pitch!

Post by jesse »

It has had that since version 1.5.0 in January. It is rather CPU intensive (uselessly so on some computers) but it is there for playback purposes.
stardust

Post by stardust »

It seems like the pitch only changes when the tempo is 1.0 - it would be great if it you could do this at any playback tempo.

What I'd like even more would be a setting where the pitch is shifted to compensate for tempo changes: so that the apparent pitch is constant, and only the length of the loop changes.
jesse

Post by jesse »

stardust wrote:It seems like the pitch only changes when the tempo is 1.0 - it would be great if it you could do this at any playback tempo.
I'm not sure what you mean. When you say tempo of 1.0, do you mean 'rate'? If so, here's how it works: you should either change the rate (which changes both speed and pitch, just like tape), OR change one or either of 'pitch' and 'stretch' together. The last two controls do work together and do what you are asking for below. But you are correct, 'rate' must be set to 1.0 for the others to work, they are mutually exclusive.
stardust wrote:What I'd like even more would be a setting where the pitch is shifted to compensate for tempo changes: so that the apparent pitch is constant, and only the length of the loop changes.
This is exactly what the 'stretch' control does, when you select the 'a. stretch' checkbox.
stardust

Post by stardust »

I'm not sure what you mean. When you say tempo of 1.0, do you mean 'rate'? If so, here's how it works: you should either change the rate (which changes both speed and pitch, just like tape), OR change one or either of 'pitch' and 'stretch' together. The last two controls do work together and do what you are asking for below. But you are correct, 'rate' must be set to 1.0 for the others to work, they are mutually exclusive.
Ah yes! I did mean rate, and the stretch works a treat, and does indeed do exactly what I was asking for.

Thanks for the quick reply - I couldn't find this in the documentation, and am very pleased it's available.