Window focus

Talk about your MIDI bindings and controller setup

Moderator: jesse

gregsinibaldi

Window focus

Post by gregsinibaldi »

Hi all,

I have a window focus issue. I run SooperLooper with Mainstage and SuperCollider so have three windows open during a gig. I also have two different midi controllers to control things. One is a Korg nano. I use it for loop volumes, pitch shifting etc. The other is a foot controller that simply sends key strokes. Its an old gaming controller I use to record, move to the next loop, reverse and mute (there are only 4 buttons).

If any window other than SL is in focus the foot controller doesnt work. The nano works fine, I can have the mainstage window in focus and use all the functionality of the Nano. But if I hit record or another button on my foot controller it wont work. Is there setting somewhere that will allow me to use my foot controller while SL is out of focus?

Thanks for any info!

Greg
gregsinibaldi

Re: Window focus

Post by gregsinibaldi »

Perhaps my question isn't clear?
Freasy

Post by Freasy »

Hello,
my best guess would be, that Mainstage keeps all MIDI commands, that your foot controller is sending when in focus. You might want to test SL alone and see if it works when you put your browser in foreground. So maybe Mainstage and/or SuperCollider grab full control when they are in focus.
jesse

Post by jesse »

If your foot controller shows up as a USB keyboard to the system, it will of course only work on the focused application... there is no way around that, as far as I know.
gregsinibaldi

Post by gregsinibaldi »

Yes thats exactly the case, the foot controller is seen as a USB Keyboard. Thanks!