How can I record on a single track?

Talk about your MIDI bindings and controller setup

Moderator: jesse

presto

How can I record on a single track?

Post by presto »

I have set a button on my MIDI footswitch to trigger the ‘record’ function. If I create 4 mono tracks in SL and click the assigned button, all four tracks will begin to loop. Ideally I would like to record on the first track only and then jump to the second track and record a loop there and continue down the line.

I have seen this done on many other tutorials, but they all seem to be using the record trigger to activate a single loop. Any ideas as to what I am seeing here?
jesse

Re: How can I record on a single track?

Post by jesse »

You need to adjust your midi binding to pick the loop number the binding uses instead of All. Or you can choose "Selected" to have it use the currently selected loop. If you want to use the same footswitch for record, you will either need to dedicated another footswitch to changing the selected loop (bind the select_next_loop or select_prev_loop). Depending on your needs you may want to use the record_exclusive_next command instead or one of the other special multi-use commands (record_or_overdub_solo_next, etc). Get more info about those commands at http://essej.net/sooperlooper/doc_midi_commands.html

You will need to create and edit your bindings in the Prefs->MIDI Bindings tab to get all these options.
presto

Re: How can I record on a single track?

Post by presto »

Thanks! That fixed it right up for me :D