MIDI Binding Default?

Talk about your MIDI bindings and controller setup

Moderator: jesse

organik

MIDI Binding Default?

Post by organik »

Am I missing something, or must MIDI binding be reloaded every time SL is run? Would be better if it just loaded a default binding template, if one exists. It's a pain to have to reload. Getting setup for live performance with mainstage involves loading mainstage, loading MIDI Patchbay, opening the MIDI Patch, opening the SL plug, opening the gui, selection the SL session I use, then opening the MIDI binding I use.

That's A LOT of steps! Is there any way to shorten this process?

If I use an instrument track and sidechain audio to the SL plug, I can skip the MIDI Patchbay step, but it seems that only the first loop is controllable from mainstage, is that right?
organik

Re: MIDI Binding Default?

Post by organik »

Hahaha - I'm dumb. I found the "default session" and "default binding" just now...ooops!

The setup is still a bit longer because of the midi patchbay issue, but not much.
jesse

Re: MIDI Binding Default?

Post by jesse »

I'm surprised you need select the SL session you want to use... I would expect that it would be restored when you load your mainstage session. Also, if you can get mainstage feeding the plugin midi directly it all depends on your midi bindings as to what they control within SL. But, the other way to control SL is to have the host binding to the parameters directly, there are hundreds the way SL exposes them, including controls for "All" and "selected" loops as well as individual. Unfortunately I don't have mainstage and can't provide any actual directions as to how to set it up.