Single midi footswitch pedal??

Talk about your MIDI bindings and controller setup

Moderator: jesse

almostwithnail

Single midi footswitch pedal??

Post by almostwithnail »

Hi There,
Just got sooperlooper a few weeks ago and loving it, but the only problem I'm having is having constant looping e.g. Im recording a guitar part but to stop it looping have to hit record again which means stopping playing guitar, which obviously then means theres a gap at the end of the loop from me stopping to hit record.

So have been looking at midi footswitch pedals, the big one everyone seems to be talking about is the FCB1010, but that is such a monster of a pedal plus a monster of a price and have been searching high and low for a smaller and cheaper alternative... In an ideal world it would be a single midi footswitch pedal for around £15, just 1 simple button which would enable me to switch the recording button on and off for seamless looping, does anyone have any idea if theres anything out there that could do this? my only other alternative is to just buy a cheap midi keyboard and step on that, but it seems very unnecessary to have a whole keyboard and to be stepping on it, plus it would look weird in a live performance.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated to any products out there or any suggestions of ways to have seamless looping without gaps at the end?

Thanks very much!!

Ed
JeffHendricks

Re: Single midi footswitch pedal??

Post by JeffHendricks »

I built my own footswitch using a keyboard interface, it can use from 1 to 32 buttons that map to keypresses. If you need MIDI, you can use something like the Tech21 MIDI Moose, the Rocktron MIDI Xchange, or something similar.

Figure out how many buttons you need, and it will be easy to hook it all up. It makes a huge difference using your foot, even if you're at your desk recording.
cyberlfip

Re: Single midi footswitch pedal??

Post by cyberlfip »

The rocktron works really well for beginners. I have been using it for a few months to record loops on the rhodes and I feel like a baller.