SL Looping, but no audio?

Problems getting SL up and running on a Mac? Post here.

Moderator: jesse

sunbrother

SL Looping, but no audio?

Post by sunbrother »

I'm excited to get looping because this looks like a great piece of software, but I can't get it to playback any of the loops I've recorded. I turned up the input monitoring and I can hear myself playing through that, and the software appears to be looping all that I played into it, but there's no output from the plugin.

I installed it by dragging the app into my app folder and the plugin into HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/ - everything is recognized by Logic and seems to be running smoothly except for the output.

As for the plugin, I've tried different routings- before any effects, after other effects, and on a separate bus, all without any luck. Is there a step of configuration that I've missed? Do I need to set it to communicate w the host in a different way? If someone could help, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob
sam_square

Re: SL Looping, but no audio?

Post by sam_square »

Can you describe what host you are using? Logic, Ableton, Jack?
jgillespie

Post by jgillespie »

I'm can not get any audio through SL. I'm using Jack with a 2009 MacBook and want to use SL with my input jack for live audio looping from an external mic signal.
I set Jack to Aggregate Device after creating an AD following the instructions on the board, then restarted everything. I can hear the signal through the monitor and other devices such as audacity, but do not hear anything after recording a loop with SL.

Is there anything I have to activate within the SL interface? I played with the input/output dB sliders, but there was no change. All the dB listed run from - inf to 0 (is that normal?)

Thanks,

Jason
jesse

Post by jesse »

With JACK you need to connect the outputs of SL to your system outputs. In JackPilot use the Routings window. This post also describes that: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=181&p=699
jgillespie

Post by jgillespie »

Wonderful! It's working!

Thanks.