Channel Level Issue

Problems getting SL up and running on a Mac? Post here.

Moderator: jesse

gregsinibaldi

Channel Level Issue

Post by gregsinibaldi »

Hi all,

I have a channel level issue. I record an input source (from my Apogee Duet) into a stereo loop in SL and when it plays back the Left channel is hotter than the Right.

I made sure everything is hooked up correct in JACK, and also checked to see that the R/L levels are equal in the Duet interface. Everything checks out. I tested to make sure my incoming signal was balanced before going to SL too, and according to my meters they are equal. In fact I can watch my meters and see that the levels are equal as I'm recording in SL... as soon as I hit record again to play the loop the meters show the Left channel is hotter. I have everything hard panned L/R too

Is this a bug? Or am I missing a setting?

I'm running the standalone version of SL on MACOSX 10.13.4 High Sierra

Thanks for any help!
jesse

Re: Channel Level Issue

Post by jesse »

The only thing I can think of is that you may be connecting an extra per-loop output from one channel to the system:playback_1? You generally only want to connect the sooperlooper:common_out_1 to system:playback_1 and sooperlooper:common_out_2 to system:playback_2. Double check and make sure something else didn't get connected to system...
gregsinibaldi

Re: Channel Level Issue

Post by gregsinibaldi »

That was it Jesse! I didnt have my common loops sent to the system output...

Thanks so much!

Greg