FCB1010 problem!

Problems getting SL up and running on a Mac? Post here.

Moderator: jesse

jojaku

FCB1010 problem!

Post by jojaku »

hey all, i have the fcb1010 and the uno mod chip upgrade. here's my problem: i programed one pedal to record and another one to undo...and it seems to work fine...BUT... if i record something, and then record something over THAT...and then hit undo to go back to the first thing i recorded, and then try to hit undo AGAIN to make EVERYTHING disappear and start over with a clean slate so to speak...it won't work. the first thing i recorded just keeps playing and the undo pedal doesn't do anything. the only way to get the loop to stop is if i use my house on the laptop itself to hold down undo for about 5 seconds. i hope i'm explaining this in a clear way. can anyone help me solve this problem? i have a feeling i'm missing something simple...maybe it's a latched/momentary issue?
jesse

Re: FCB1010 problem!

Post by jesse »

That is actually intentional behavior, users were more often frustrated when hitting undo caused dead silence without them knowing it was going to occur. So I made the basic undo behavior *after* overdubs not undo to silence. It will go back to silence if you undo a freshly recorded loop. You did in fact find the correct solution, a long press (only has to be about 1 second) will do UndoAll, which does go back to reset state. Also, if what you really wanted was silence, you could also use Mute. Then just do a fresh record whenever you are ready.
jojaku

Post by jojaku »

ah! so is there any way to do an "UndoAll" with my pedal? i play keyboards, so my hands aren't free to touch the laptop all the time. i tried "holding down" the pedal...but it didn't work...i like your mute solution...but is there any way with the pedal to just erase and reset a loop, i.e. do an "undo all"?
jesse

Post by jesse »

Yes, the trick is to set up your fcb1010 to send Note events (noteOn on press, noteOff on release), and make your midi bindings use the Note binding type in SL. Then the long presses will work so your normal Undo binding held for >= 1sec and released will do the UndoAll. Or if you have lots of pedals to spare, you can do a binding to undo_all specifically.

But I recommend using the Note solution, because you can do cool things with long presses with other commands as well. For instance, if you press and hold Record (for >1sec), it will then finish the record on release, similarly for the other commands (Overdub, multiply, etc).
jojaku

Post by jojaku »

how exactly do i make my FCB do that? really having trouble understanding the manual... :(
jesse

Post by jesse »

jojaku wrote:how exactly do i make my FCB do that? really having trouble understanding the manual... :(
Looks like the instructions on this page get you what you need:
http://www.notreble.com/buzz/2010/02/22 ... -software/
GregWard

Post by GregWard »

So, just curious, is this post referring to uno chip mod? I can't seem to get my fcb to correspond to sl. I don't have uno mod.
I have FCB programmed to notes. When i connect FCB to SL through jack, and try to bind note, FCB is sending tons of info at SL at once, without me pressing anything. Any thoughts?
Freasy

Post by Freasy »

GregWard wrote:So, just curious, is this post referring to uno chip mod? I can't seem to get my fcb to correspond to sl. I don't have uno mod.
I have FCB programmed to notes. When i connect FCB to SL through jack, and try to bind note, FCB is sending tons of info at SL at once, without me pressing anything. Any thoughts?
Can you post a screenshot or log of the midi which is sent by the FCB? Maybe we can track it down. Since I use the uno mod immediatly after buying it, I can't really say much about the behaviour of an "original" FCB.