Install/Config problems

Problems getting SL up and running on a Mac? Post here.

Moderator: jesse

ultrasine

Install/Config problems

Post by ultrasine »

Hi All,

I'm new to Jack and SL (and the mac!) and am having problems in getting a working setup.

I've installed JockOSX and is under the system applications (I had to be superuser and restart to install it).
I downloaded the SL dmg file and clicking on it gives me the contents window from which I can run the application (without being a superuser).

I run JackPilot from a superuser account and then run SL from a normal user but I see no mention of SL in JackPilot routing table.

Thats as far as I have got and am stuck. I use a normal user account so this could be a problem but I have not seen it mentioned anywhere. Jack complains if its not run with superuser account and SL gives the impression it works out of the box under a normal user account. Could it be a firewall issue?

Can someone please shed some light...

Cheers.
jesse

Re: Install/Config problems

Post by jesse »

You need to run JackPilot as yourself, the same user you run SooperLooper as. Also, you can install sooperlooper by simply dragging it into your Applications folder, and running it from there.

I've never seen Jack complain when running as a normal user... then again maybe all my users have admin powers. Either way, it is important that you run both Jack and sooperlooper as the same user.
ultrasine

Re: Install/Config problems

Post by ultrasine »

Hi Jesse - thanks for the replay.

I dragged and dropped the SooperLooper icon from the dmg volume on my desktop to the system applications folder.
I then ran JackPilot with admin user and then SL with admin user and then got a "Connection Error' popup.

[DELETE ERROR LOG]

Ah! I realised that the slgui was saying it could not connect to the SL server. I ran the actual sooperlooper with admin user and then slgui and it loaded up without errors and I see SL entries in JackPilot routing!

Phew! I'll follow a tutorial now to get some sound which I'm sure will work.

So the moral of the story is to run JackPilot with admin user, run sooperlooper with admin user and then run the slgui program.