Starting sooperlooper with jack

Problems getting SL up and running on a Mac? Post here.

Moderator: jesse

alive

Starting sooperlooper with jack

Post by alive »

Hi, I am using Jack to run Sooperlooper, but I have encountered problems. I am running in on Mac OS X, version 10.5.4, and is using the built in microphone as well as the built in speaker.
When I start routing in Jack, the system folder in the Receive ports of the connection manager is missing. The send ports, however, have both the system and the sooperlooper folder.

I went to the Jack preferences, and it looked like this:

It's not possible to change the number of output channels, unless I also change the interface to "built-in output".

When I do this and go back to router, the send ports is missing the system folder, while the receive ports have both the system and the sooperlooper folder.

Thus, my problem is that I can't seem to have output and input at the same time. Any idea of how I can fix this?

Thanks
jesse

Re: Starting sooperlooper with jack

Post by jesse »

You need to make an Aggregate device using the utility "Audio MIDI Setup" (in /Applications/Utilities).

See this post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=181&p=699
alive

Re: Starting sooperlooper with jack

Post by alive »

Thanks. I still have a problem though. It seems the aggregate device is not being saved when I make it. I make it, click done, exit audio MIDI setup, and then if I open it again the aggregate device is gone. I can't set the interface in Jack to it either. Anything I am missing?