SooperLooper and Mac OS10.2.8

Problems getting SL up and running on a Mac? Post here.

Moderator: jesse

andymurkin

SooperLooper and Mac OS10.2.8

Post by andymurkin »

I've been happily using SooperLooper on my up-to-date macs for some time but having acquired an old G3 iMac wanted to try and run it on that. For some reason it just won't open up - it appears for a moment in the Dock, then disappears - and Logic 5.5.1 doesn't recognise the AU version either.

Does anybody know why this should be? If Jack MUST be running before SL will open up, will Version 0.4 work, as that will run on OS 10.2, and I'm not certain that 0.6 will: the usual version I use definitely doesn't. I've got both versions currently available for download in case the older one on the website is the only one that will function (eventually - neither will at the moment).

Any advice welcome!

Cheers,

Andy
jesse

Re: SooperLooper and Mac OS10.2.8

Post by jesse »

Due to the way I build it, 10.2 is just not going to be supported, I don't think it ever was. Sorry!

But out of curiosity sake, open up the Console app (/Applications/Utilities/Console) and you should see some log entries in there when you try to launch it. Post those, and there's a chance I might be able to get to work (but not a good one). I bet you could find a copy of 10.3 somewhere (which does work)....
andymurkin

Post by andymurkin »

Thanks for getting back so quickly, Jesse! The log was quite specific, it said: 'can't open library: /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (no such file or directory, errno=2)'.

Is this a file I can get and place somewhere, or this a sign of something more complex? I'm beginning to think updating to 10.3 is on the cards here . . .

Andy
andymurkin

Post by andymurkin »

Jesse - yep, I'm going to update to 10.3. SL is so brilliant, I just want to get using it again ASAP. Thanks for taking the trouble even to consider looking at a fix for me. This thread might help someone else later one, you never know.

Andy
jesse

Post by jesse »

You'll need at least 10.3.9, hopefully if you find an 10.3 install disk apple is still providing online updates for it.