Simultaneous Midi Commands

Problems getting SL up and running on Linux? Post here.

Moderator: jesse

revol

Simultaneous Midi Commands

Post by revol »

Hello, this is my fist post so...thank you for this wonderful piece of software! ;) I started using it on 2007 :)
I have an issue sending multiple simultaneous midi commands to SooperLooper.
This is my scenario:
  • SooperLooper with 3 loop lines and midi notes 60, 61, 62 assigned to 'Record' function of each loop line.
  • An external midi program that sends these 3 notes at the same moment.
SooperLooper fails to execute simultaneously the 'Record' command for each loop line from incoming midi messages.
This behavior changes at each execution, maybe a midi buffering problem?
Sometimes, when sending multiple midi messages, only one gets executed and the others stay somewhat "pending": sending the next midi command, randomly SooperLooper executes also a one or two of the "pending" commands... :)

I wonder whether the problem is on SooperLooper itself or maybe the version/platform I'm using, or whatelse!
I'm planning to use SooperLooper on my live performances, but I need also to send it simultaneous midi commands!

I'm using Linux Mint 17.1 KDE with custom ppa kernel 3.14.1-031401-lowlatency.

Any help is appreciated!
Cyclone Loop Giant - Loops manipulation for GNU/Linux
Hapax Funk - Italian Funk Band - Listen to our Promo 2014!
jesse

Re: Simultaneous Midi Commands

Post by jesse »

Can you post a full description of your settings, or a screenshot? Specifically, what sync-related or quantize settings are enabled?
revol

Post by revol »

Hello Jesse, thanks for your answer.
SooperLooper executes only one of the 3 midi commands it receives.
SooperLooper executes only one of the 3 midi commands it receives.
reaktor_sooperlooper.jpg (244.98 KiB) Viewed 27837 times
As you can see, I'm sending 3 simultaneous midi commands from a well known software ( :) ) to SooperLooper. These commands are dumped by aseqdump. SooperLooper's midi bindings are:
note on 60 -> record loop1
note on 61 -> record loop2
note on 62 -> record loop3
This time SooperLooper executed only the first one midi command, but this behavior may change.
revol

Post by revol »

Hello, anybody having this problem?
I'm trying with different settings with no success..SooperLooper understands only one midi command at once :cry:
jesse

Post by jesse »

I assume if you send each loop record command separately, each of them works fine? This is strange one, as I don't see anything that would prevent events from getting through, regardless of how close together they are.

As a workaround if you really want a binding to target all loops at once, you can make another binding that is tied to "All Loops"...
revol

Post by revol »

Yes, if I send commands separately, SooperLooper does the job. Regarding "All Loops" triggering, this is not what I need: I'm trying to use 3 loop lines assigned to 3 different musicians. So, every single musician can trigger his how loop record. The little Re4kt0r instrument I made assures that each loop will be triggered exactly at the first beat: when I trigger one loop, Re4kt0r waits until the first beat is reached and sends the midi command exactly at this moment. If all 3 musician decide to record at the next first beat, it results in 3 simultaneous midi commands sent from Re4kt0r to SooperLooper :ugeek: ;)
Can you test SoopeLooper behavior when sending it 3 midi commands at the same time?