threshold doesn't work

Problems getting SL up and running on Linux? Post here.

Moderator: jesse

seb

threshold doesn't work

Post by seb »

hello
I have a problem with threshold option. After setting everythin up in qjack, SL works exept for that one function. I can hear my guitar, I can see that the sound level is over threshold (SL shows it) but it doesn't start recording. Any ideas how to solve it?
Thanks
kasbah

Re: threshold doesn't work

Post by kasbah »

Does this happen consistently all the time with every loop? Could you link your .slsess? What version of SL are you using?
seb

Post by seb »

Happens with every single loop. The version is 1.6.18. Recently I updated my Ubuntu to Ubuntu-Studio, but it didn't help.
Also, when I use Sooper Looper i loose sound from other applications eg. Audacious, even when jackd is off. I suspect there may be some pulse-alsa-jack problems.

What's .slsess? Where do I find it?
kasbah

Post by kasbah »

Sooperlooper will try and start jackd. It cannot run without it.

So you can definitely see the audio on the monitor but it doesn't trigger? Is it possibly waiting for sync (blinking)?

You can save your session as an slsess and then attach it to your reply.
seb

Post by seb »

Extension is not allowed, so I uploaded slsess here http://chomikuj.pl/sebastian986

I checked again and only the first loop recognises the signal. Others don't work at all. So I can record only on first loop.

After setting the threshold and clicking the record button it is blinking. I see the audio visualisation - it is louder then the threshold I set, but nothing happens.