Creating a New Loop (i.e. Loop1, Loop2 etc...)

Describe your looping workflow

Moderator: jesse

joedrums

Creating a New Loop (i.e. Loop1, Loop2 etc...)

Post by joedrums »

I've been using a RC20XL for the last few years. The limits I've been facing are the inability for multiple tracks, to bring in and out at will to create a composition that doesn't merely add, but has multiple levels of density coming in and out.
I'm assuming that Sooper Looper can do this. In the upper left hand corner I see loop 1. I'm able to overdub and :| undo and redo etc.... How do I create an entirely new loop, separate from overdubs? AND still have the other loop playing and audible.

j
jesse

Re: Creating a New Loop (i.e. Loop1, Loop2 etc...)

Post by jesse »

In the Session menu, use the Add Mono Loop, Add Stereo Loop, or Add Custom Loop menu items. You can make midi bindings that apply to individual loops or the "selected" loop (or all loops). You can also use the keyboard bindings to select the loop (number keys, 0 is all) that the keybindings apply to.

One thing to note is that you might want to increase the loop memory when you make new loops. You can change the default memory from the Preferences (specified as loop time seconds, make sure to commit changes there). Then when you make new loops it will use that time. Or you can specify directly when using Add Custom Loop.

jlc
arzezak

Post by arzezak »

Just go to "Session" and the "Add Mono Loop" or "Add Stereo Loop". Or just press Command + 1 or Command + 2.
joedrums

Post by joedrums »

Thank you!
I don't see how I missed that one pretty obvious!
j

:D
joedrums

Post by joedrums »

Ooops, I spoke too soon.

I've got the second loop up, but my input is not going to the new loop. It's still registering on the threshold of loop 1. I record onto loop 2 and no sound goes in or out?

j
jesse

Post by jesse »

You should always be able to feed the "main inputs" (those are the first two when you look at the jack connection router entry for sooperlooper) into any loop as long as the 'main in' is checked on each loop. What might be confusing matters is the option to create "discrete i/o" for each loop so you can route audio specifically for each loop. I assume you don't need that for your setup. If you can, post a screenshot of the JackPilot routing window with all the items expanded, plus a screenshot of the sooperlooper gui.
joedrums

Post by joedrums »

Thanks Jesse!!
I got it working as of now!
j
:D
supahd

Post by supahd »

Edit: resolved