recommend USB Audio device?

Describe your looping workflow

Moderator: jesse

kelargo

recommend USB Audio device?

Post by kelargo »

Hello,

Wondering what USB audio devices any of you folks have had success using SL? Its difficult to tell which devices have full duplex, low latency and work well with ALSA in Linux.
and of course, some devices are no longer manufactured or have high noise.

I am principally going to use this in a laptop for gigging live with electric guitar.

thank you in advance for any advice.
Freasy

Re: recommend USB Audio device?

Post by Freasy »

Hello,
so far I used a Propellerhead Balance successfully. Currently trying out a Behringer FCA1616, but not with SooperLooper yet.
The Balance does the job perfectly though. I can't tell the compatibility with Linux though, because I use a Mac.
The Balance has two outputs (6.3mm left and right), headphone output and 8 inputs (4 left and right, you can switch which one for left and which one for right. 2 Mic with optional phantom power, 2 guitar and 4 line in).
kelargo

Post by kelargo »

Thanks. I'll research that Propellerhead Balance some.. I tried using a Behringer QX1002USB but it didnt work very well for me. I had much success just using my Zoom G3X.
Still looking, though, as I'd like to input more than one guitar/ sound source.
DauerJess

Post by DauerJess »

kelargo wrote:Thanks. I'll research that Propellerhead Balance some.. I tried using a Behringer QX1002USB but it didnt work very well for me. I had much success just using my Zoom G3X.
Still looking, though, as I'd like to input more than one guitar/ sound source.
I use the zoom g3x too. Have you found anything better yet?