Undo/Redo to beginning of loop

Describe your looping workflow

Moderator: jesse

jan3er

Undo/Redo to beginning of loop

Post by jan3er »

Hello,
when I switch with undo/redo between two recordings with slightly different length the playback soon becomes out of sync. Is there a way to make a recording start from the very beginning when being switched to by undo/redo?
Freasy

Re: Undo/Redo to beginning of loop

Post by Freasy »

Hello,
for this you need to have quantization on. So if you have a clock signal, record will sync to it in whatever you set (8th, cycle or to another loop).
jan3er

Post by jan3er »

Thanks for your reply,
I found out you can do it without clock. I made two minor changes in
static void redoLoop(SooperLooperI *pLS)
static void undoLoop(SooperLooperI *pLS, bool forceClear)
in plugin.cc, recompiled it and it works like a charm. From the comments in the source code it reads as if my desired behavior used to be the standard one.
Freasy

Post by Freasy »

So your problem is solved? I never really looked into the source code or compiled it myself.
Just because I'm curious: what changes did you make? Do they affect the "normal" behaviour in any form?
jan3er

Post by jan3er »

yes, my problem is solved. The code seems well documented. I changed it such that when undoing/redoing an overdub operation the playback behaves as usual, but when undoing/redoing a record operation the recording is played from the start. This way I can play without quantization/clock but still jump smoothly via undo/redo between say chorus and verse.
jesse

Post by jesse »

Interesting, please send the code patch to me at jesse @ essej.net, and I'll see if it makes sense to make that behavior an option....