RecordNext without soloing ?

Describe your looping workflow

Moderator: jesse

Stavros

RecordNext without soloing ?

Post by Stavros »

First of all....BIG THANK YOU TO JESSE!@#$%^&.....what an awsome piece of software!

Im looking for a simple command that lets me start recording on the next loop
while the loop I am currently recording on starts playing.

I see Record_Solo_Next but I dont see any Record_Next (without soloing the previous track)
As far as I can tell I would have to Stop recording/Select Next?then pres record again.

Record next seems like a simple obvious common use where you would want the previous loop to keep playing while you record on the next continuously.

As far as I can tell its not possible to create your own macros withing sooperlooper yet?

Am I missing something...is there a simple solution to this?

Thanks kindly for any help.
s
JeffHendricks

Re: RecordNext without soloing ?

Post by JeffHendricks »

There's no one-button function for this, but you can do it with simple up/down loop and record functions, assuming you have your loops set to sync to the first loop.

I tried this on a test machine, haven't actually hooked it up to my sound system yet, but as far as functionality, it works! A few more button presses than I'd like, but not too bad. From a fresh start, it takes 6 button presses to Record a loop and arm the second loop to record when you stop the first.

* Select loop 1, hit record
* While recording, select Loop2 and hit record again. It should say "waiting to start". Then you select Loop1 again
* When you hit Record on Loop1, it will start playback, and trigger Loop2 to start recording automatically. Then tap Record once more (or multiply, etc) to make Loop2 stop recording in sync with Loop1.

It would look something like this on a keyboard: 1, R (start recording 1st loop) 2, R, 1, R(ends first loop and starts recording second loop)

Once you've got Loop1 (your sync source) recorded, you can just keep going to the next track and arming to record before the previous one is finished.

Jesse, This would be a good simple function to include as a single button press. 6 presses would be kinda hard during a performance... :D