Replace, insert, sub, delay.

Describe your looping workflow

Moderator: jesse

Coop4Music

Replace, insert, sub, delay.

Post by Coop4Music »

So I've been wondering what specifically these functions do. I can imagine more or less what they accomplish by the names of the buttons, but how are they used in live looping?

I'm fairly new to looping BTW, but I take it these functions were available on analog looping pedals?

-Coop :ugeek:
jesse

Re: Replace, insert, sub, delay.

Post by jesse »

These are operations available on the EDP (not analog).

Replace can be used to add in bits of audio which might make your loop more "glitchy" (in an interesting way) or synthetic, in a patchwork quilt kind of way. Substitute is the same, except it doesn't mute the existing loop content when you are adding in the replacement snippets, which can be less jarring, and which I find more useful.

Insert will add cycles of audio in the middle of an existing loop.

Delay is just a quick way of doing tap tempo feedback delay. In essence it is like overdub, except you can quickly change the "loop" length by tapping a new delay time. Think of it like a standard stompbox delay where you set the delay time by tapping. To get out of it, just use Undo or Record.

Hopefully others will have some more creative descriptions for you....
Coop4Music

Re: Replace, insert, sub, delay.

Post by Coop4Music »

very interesting, I'm going to have to experiment with these and see what kind of results I get!

anyone have any particularly good methods of using these features?