Help. Simple Request

Describe your looping workflow

Moderator: jesse

drew815

Help. Simple Request

Post by drew815 »

(I don't know much about how to use ScooperLooper. I downloaded it and Jack.)

Here's what I want:

I want to be able to use a microphone (or at least my internal microphone on a Mac for now) to sample multiple layers of my voice.

What do I need to do to be able to do this?
jesse

Re: Help. Simple Request

Post by jesse »

OK, the first thing you need to do is make an aggregate device if you are on a mac laptop so both your Built-In inputs and outputs show up as one audio interface. Run the Audio Midi Setup application (in /Applications/Utilities) and go to the Audio menu to get to the aggregate device editor. Create a new device and add all the built-in input and output devices to it. Then in the main window of the Audio Midi Setup make sure that the sample rate for the Built-In Input and Output are set to the same value. If you only want the mic (and not line) inputs in the aggregate device, only select Built-In Mic as inputs.

Next, start up JackPilot, go into its preferences and set the Interface to the new aggregate device you just made, hit Save, then hit the Start button to start up JACK.

Now start SooperLooper. Back in JackPilot, click the Routing button, you should see "system" and "sooperlooper" entries in both columns. You want to connect your hardware (system) inputs to SL's inputs and SL's outputs to the hardware outputs. The simple way to do this is to click on the 'system' item in the left column, and double-click the "sooperlooper" item in the right column. That connects half of it, then do the same by clicking on the sooperlooper in the left and double-click system on the right.

At this point, you should see the meters in SL moving and you should be able to hit Record to start and finish a loop, and hear the playback. Then you use overdub to layer on top of it.

You can save JackPilot "Studio Setups" from JackPilot's file menu, so you don't have to do the click/double click thing every time, just load the setup after starting SL. Hope this helps.