Re-establishing sync after Loop 1 is paused

Describe your looping workflow

Moderator: jesse

joedrums

Re-establishing sync after Loop 1 is paused

Post by joedrums »

Jesse et all,

I have five loops going all synced to Loop 1's cycle. If I pause any of them besides loop 1 and hit trigger they begin at the begin of loop 1's cycle. That's good.

But if I ever pause loop 1 (the cycle master) it picks up where I paused it, hence losing place w/ all the other loops going. While I could get around this by never stopping loop 1. I would very much like to be able to re -trigger it and have it start back up at the beginning of the cycle it is the master of. It seems like by the nature of the syncing to loop 1 this will be impossible.

Any ideas?

j
jesse

Re: Re-establishing sync after Loop 1 is paused

Post by jesse »

With Loop 1 as the master, its state *is* the sync source. It sounds to me if you occasionally want to not hear Loop 1 but maintain its running timeline, why not just Mute instead of Pause? For many years SL didn't even have pause because I thought Mute was sufficient (in combination with trigger if you wanted to reset the timeline). So just mute/unmute.

Is there something else I'm missing?
joedrums

Re: Re-establishing sync after Loop 1 is paused

Post by joedrums »

Nope that was it.

I came to the same conclusion (haven't tried it yet but I'm assuming based on your response it will work fine).

thanks man

joe