One-cycle record

Describe your looping workflow

Moderator: jesse

stuart

One-cycle record

Post by stuart »

Hello again

I was wondering if it is possible with SooperLooper to trigger a loop to record for just one cycle. For example, if quantise is set to 'loop', you could press a key to start recording, pickup a guitar while the loop is waiting to sync, start playing at the start of the cycle and then have record stop automatically once the sync loop has finished playing. I can see how this isn't such an issue with pedals, all though it would save you one press I guess. :)

Regards,
Stuart
jesse

Re: One-cycle record

Post by jesse »

Nope, you can't do this with one press in SL right now. Even if this was possible, and you were recording the first loop, you'd at least need to pre-specify the tempo and sync to Internal (or Jack/Host) otherwise it would have no idea how long a loop was supposed to be! If you already had something going in a loop, you would set sync source to be that loop and start your quantized record on a different loop. I will consider adding a record_one_cycle and/or record_one_loop commands in the future, I can see their usefulness. Double/triple/etc tapping them could extend it.

Or one day, I will add a notion of making custom script commands like Mobius has.
juril

Re: One-cycle record

Post by juril »

jesse wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:07 am ... I will consider adding a record_one_cycle and/or record_one_loop commands in the future, I can see their usefulness. Double/triple/etc tapping them could extend it.
I'm looking for this feature as well!

Any plan to implement it? :-)