Overdub and multiply

Describe your looping workflow

Moderator: jesse

sealpt

Overdub and multiply

Post by sealpt »

Hi guys,

I can't seem to get a midi bind for overdub or multiply to work. I am using SooperLooper inside of Logic Audio. I hit record on a loop and that works just fine. It's quantized and punches my audio out great. I have assigned a midi foot controller to "overdub", hit it, and nothing happens. I can actually hit the overdub button with the mouse, but need to use my feet.

I've tried selected, global, all, and track 1, and still nothing. Multiply is not working either.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Shawn
sealpt

Re: Overdub and multiply

Post by sealpt »

Just an update. I tried another controller that has latch capability and it seems to work a lot better. I was using the fcb1010 controller before, but I'll need to get the UnO chip for it that I just ordered so it will latch. I'll be all set after that hopefully.
jesse

Post by jesse »

I'm actually guessing it might have been the way the midi was bound, and what the FCB was sending. Could you use the Midi Monitor utility to see what it was sending? There are several different options in SL for how to deal with note messages. Depending on how you did the binding in SL, it could have picked the wrong event to listen for, since the FCB sometimes sends a lot of junk if not carefully configured. Post a screen shot of the midi bindings window in SL preferences. Also, corroborate what is shown there with what you see from the device in MidiMonitor.
sealpt

Post by sealpt »

Hi Jesse,

I was very careful about assigning only one parameter to each pedal. I tried to assign a different way to an unused bank to try different combinations in the FCB and since I have no editor for the mac, I was able to leave the PC's window up to see exactly what was coming out of the FCB.

At any rate, I was getting dicey results so I attached my Korg Nano which has latching, and the Sooper Looper responded just fine.

I actually have two FCB's. This particular one doesn't have the UnO chip so latching isn't possible. After work I'm heading to my friends where my 2nd FCB is. That one has the UnO chip so I'm guessing it will work just fine.

I'll post my results when I know for sure about what the FCB is doing.

Thank you,
Shawn
sealpt

Post by sealpt »

Well, the latching on my second FCB1010 was the key and I was overdubbing to my hearts content at noon today.

Great looper.

Shawn
jesse

Post by jesse »

Latching or not, I'm curious about what kind of event it was sending, Note, or CC, or PC? There should be a way to work with your non-Uno FCB.
sealpt

Post by sealpt »

i was actually using control changes. i then switched off to notes. i tried the "sus" parameter on and off, global, all, track, selected... everything. nothing seemed to work with overdub.

My UnO FCB is using note, latched and it worked right from the first push of a button exactly the way it is supposed to.

No big deal on my end getting another UnO Eprom. I want both of my FCB's to have the same specs anyway.