Stutter Mode

Describe your looping workflow

Moderator: jesse

sonnyd

Stutter Mode

Post by sonnyd »

hi hi.

is there a method by which to put sooperlooper into 'stutter mode' like the EDP?...i have tried and tried again - and i cannot get the same
results by using insert as i would with the EDP.
any suggestions would be appreciated!!
thanks again for such a fine looper Jesse....bye.
jesse

Re: Stutter Mode

Post by jesse »

The Insert operation is probably the least well tested (at least by me), and I don't have experience with EDP's stutter mode to really help out. What kind of thing are you going for exactly?
sonnyd

Post by sonnyd »

thanks fo your reply Jesse.

i'm lookin for the 'insert' to act in a way where it will repeat any given cycle when 'insert' is activated. similar to the EDP and what the EDP manual peeps more or less call appropriately a 'Single Cycle Multiply'....and that is essentially what it does.
e.g. - a 4 cycle loop...insert being pressed at the start of cycle 2 and it repeating (cycle1, cycle2, cycle2, cycle2......) until either undo is pressed (taking you back to the original loop - cycle1, cycle2, cycle3, cycle4) or
by pressing insert again for cycle1, cycle2, cycle2, cycle2, cycle3, cycle4.
i apologize fer tha poor explanation.
i understand if there has been a limited need for this function for others...i will continue to experiment - and will appreciate anyone's experiences
with this function within sooperlooper...

sonny
jesse

Post by jesse »

yeah, I can't think off-hand how you would do this in SL right now..... you might be able to get it to reduce the loop down to one cycle by hitting multiply twice within the cycle you want to keep (with some combination of quantize on). Then you could undo to get back. That's all I've got, until a new feature is added.....
sonnyd

Post by sonnyd »

thanks agin Jesse.

i will try what you suggested via multiply and wait for the update...if i find other methods i will post.
donation imminent. thanks fo r all your work and assistance.
great work.