Finding a workflow that works for me...

Describe your looping workflow

Moderator: jesse

siderealxxx

Finding a workflow that works for me...

Post by siderealxxx »

The real challenge now after getting SuperLooper up and running in Logic is making it work in a way that does what I want it to, and therefore I have some questions if anyone is able to help...

Ideally I think I would like to send 1 guitar from my input, to several instances of superlooper on busses so that I can set loops with different effects etc running concurrently.

Trouble is, how do I synch separate instances of superlooper? (In fact at the moment I'm struggling to synch loops at all - they are drifting apart?).

Or is there another way of doing this? I'm pretty confused by all this so far...

Some youtube video tutorials as part of the manual would be useful... the setup process and first steps is not entirely intuitive. I appreciate the work that's being done though.

Thanks in advance!
nodonnel

Re: Finding a workflow that works for me...

Post by nodonnel »

First things first: to sync all loops to loop one, click on the 'sync to' field in the SL GUI (top left corner) until it says "Loop 1." Then check the boxes 'sync' and 'play sync' on loops two through n (these boxes are to the right of each loops timer). Then when you press record for loops 2 and up, the timer will say "waiting for sync" before recording and again before stopping. Then it's all gravy!

As far as one input going through different effects to different loops, it's all a matter of audio signal routing. I use JACK (on puredyne linux) and routing software to route my inputs to effects and then to SL. I recall Logic having some kind of behind-the-scenes routing capabilities--the question of how this routing works would be best to ask on a Logic forum. Let me know if you start using SL on linux and I can tell you a super easy way to do it!

Have fun syncing your loops, keep plugging away at SL, and Peace out!

Nate
JeffHendricks

Re: Finding a workflow that works for me...

Post by JeffHendricks »

Don't forget, you can make SooperLooper use separate inputs/outputs per loop, so you could use a single instance, just route different FX to each loop as needed.

In Preferences, make sure to put a check in the box for "Separate I/O Ports" which will make SL show separate inputs/outputs for each loop, plus a "Common" I/O for playback, or global FX.