Reverse recording problem

Describe your looping workflow

Moderator: jesse

chris_t2000

Reverse recording problem

Post by chris_t2000 »

SooperLooper is mighty stuff. A problem I have come across is when I try to record a reverse part. I press the reverse button and all is ok, then i press record and it lets me record but it messes up what was already there. Sometimes it deletes whole bits and other times i dunno what it does. It has made some cool parts for me like this but i would prefer if it wouldn't change what i had already recorded.
Is there a way to fix this?
Thanks.
Chris
jesse

Re: Reverse recording problem

Post by jesse »

I think I need some more info to reproduce this one. Do you have to have recorded a bunch of loops before this starts happening, or loops of certain lengths? Have you done any manipulation on them when it starts happening? Ordinarily whenever you hit record it should automatically take it out of reverse and record a fresh loop. Maybe take me step by step through exactly what you do and in what order?
chris_t2000

Re: Reverse recording problem

Post by chris_t2000 »

Hi,

The problem occurs when i try to overdub in reverse, sorry for not making that clear.

No matter what is recorded or if it has been manipuated or not, it still messes up and cuts out bits of the audio. For example. I press record and record a 2second guitar part. This loops. I press reverse and it loops in reverse. Then i press overdub and play a new part over this and once the playhead gets around to the beginning it plays the new version of my loop which consists of about 1.5 seconds silence then some sounds at the end. Each time i do it it cuts out somethin different and messes sounds about. It can be fun but not what I am wanting to happen.

So thats what happens when I try that. Should I just download the programme again or somethin? or does this happen to many people?

Chris