How to always enable "sync" when adding new loop?

Describe your looping workflow

Moderator: jesse

ericfont

How to always enable "sync" when adding new loop?

Post by ericfont »

When I am doing loops synced to a midi clock, I set the "sync to" setting to "MidiClock" and then for every loop I add I had to additionally click that loop's "sync" checkbox too enable midi sync for that loop. But I often want to quickly add additional loops (and remove old ones, by pressing Ctrl-D and Ctrl-1), and reaching to my mouse and clicking the sync button for each of them is a little too much. Is there some setting I can enable to just always have newly added loops have the sync button checked?
jesse

Re: How to always enable "sync" when adding new loop?

Post by jesse »

This is a good question... there is no way to do it! I need to make it use the settings from the last (or selected) loop or something when creating the new one....
ericfont

Post by ericfont »

jesse wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:53 pm I need to make it use the settings from the last (or selected) loop or something when creating the new one....
This sounds like a good solution and I would appreciate that functionality. And I guess if user deletes all loops (which I frequently do when I want to clear my slate), then the code might might need to be able to remember what the settings were from the last selected track...so maybe whenever a track gets selected that would be a time to simply copy the settings into a last-selected-track-setting variable incase it needs to be recalled in the future.
jesse

Post by jesse »

Deleting all loops may not be the most efficient way to clean your slate... consider doing undo_all on every loop instance instead...
ericfont

Post by ericfont »

might be nice to have a small undo-all button to the top left of the gui. With my foot pedal setup I am out of midi buttons.