Loading in WAV file to SL

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else

Moderator: jesse

joedrums

Loading in WAV file to SL

Post by joedrums »

Jesse or anyone,

Is there a way to load in an external wav, aiff or mp3 file that is a pre existing loop made in say Peak or wherever into SL and have it be say Loop 1?

thanks
joe
jesse

Re: Loading in WAV file to SL

Post by jesse »

To do it manually, just hit the Load button in Loop 1's GUI (near the right side), it should pop up a file chooser dialog and let you load up any audio file. Note that you need at least as much loop memory allocated as the file is long, or it will be cut off.

Or are you looking for some way to automate this loading?
joedrums

Post by joedrums »

nope that works
Stungunner

Post by Stungunner »

Hi, having a similar problem but I am using the old version of the software. Got everything running but when I add a loop of any kind nothing about the program changes. I do not understand how to loop any type of file when the better part of the program remains black. I'm going to try dling the new version while I wait
jesse

Post by jesse »

If you've got black screen, then you may have some network configuration issues and the GUI cannot talk to the server engine. To help I need you to post some more information such as any output you get when starting slgui from a terminal (if on linux), or by using the Console application on Mac and looking at the console log messages when you try to start SL. Also, which version is it?