time offset between different loops in SL

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else

Moderator: jesse

bassflex

time offset between different loops in SL

Post by bassflex »

Hello!

I try to use SL for my sound scape project, but now I have a problem what I could not solve.
When I add one loop and set the latency compensation right. All fits well. That means when I overdub a click which was already recorded (with a mic against the loudspeaker), it is exactly over the old one. But now I add a new loop. Sync this with loop1 and record the content of loop1 in the same way like I overdub it. Now the second loop seems to be a bit behind time.
So I tried to fix this with the Input/Output latency compensation, but it has no effect on this. How can I handle this?

thanks and regards
Felix
bassflex

Re: time offset between different loops in SL

Post by bassflex »

After trying some different things I want to add that the effect above scales with the buffer size of jack. But I can not find a way to compensate this. I have jack to work with buffer size greater than 512 frames because my PC is to slow....
regards Felix
ndiam

Post by ndiam »

same problem here.

sooperlooper version: 1.6.14 & 1.6.18 (Linux)

with some quick measurements I've found out that the offset is 3 times the Frames/Period option of jack, but don't count on it.
ndiam

Post by ndiam »

well, I've solved it: for me it had to do with sync and play sync turned ON together for loop2 before recording.
vajrabone

Post by vajrabone »

I am having a similar problem. I have loop 1 going and set the quantize to "loop" with loop 1 as the reference but I did an experiment and only did quarter notes in different loops with different notes on my guitar and after three loops, all with "sync" and "play sync" checked, they were all lagging after each other.

I tried a fourth loop and did them all again, this time only in one loop using "overdub" and viola, they all synced perfectly.

Would love some pointers as to where to make adjustments, tried changing latency but didn't do much of anything to help.

Thanks in Advance!

My CPU is: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7250 @ 2.00GHz
I have 4GB RAM
Eridol UA-25 ext sound card
Ubuntu Studio 14.04.1 LTS