TouchOSC

Discuss using the OSC interface to control SL

Moderator: jesse

menderchuck

TouchOSC

Post by menderchuck »

Hi, I'm trying to get Sooperlooper working with TouchOSC, and I discovered that TouchOSC is adding a value to it's message. Specifically, if I have set up a push button to send "/sl/0/hit record", TouchOSC actually sends "/sl/0/hit record 1.0" which Sooperlooper seems to not understand. Is there a way to work around this without having to process the incoming message and remove the button state value?

Thanks!
jesse

Re: TouchOSC

Post by jesse »

What platform are you running SL on?

I think you will need to filter it through another application, unfortunately. I can modify SL to allow and ignore extra params, but the current version has no workaround.
menderchuck

Re: TouchOSC

Post by menderchuck »

I'm using the SooperLooper audio unit on a sidechain on an instrument track in Logic 9.0. I'll process the OSC messages in Max/MSP to forward to SL. I'm hoping I can find some nice OSC objects to use. I may as well as create a custom interface in Max/MSP. As I write this I realize that creating my own interface is exactly what I want to explore with your engine. Thanks a lot for your work, it's an awesome achievement...I'll just keep saying that.

Sorry, one quick question which I will cross post in the right category. I'm wondering with the current interface, is it possible to record a loop (t1), quantize the record start on t2, and have t2 record one cycle and then continue to loop the cycle which is the same length of t1. I only seem to be able to get it to stop recording by enaging 'Once', but I don't want it to mute t2 after it starts playing. Should I expect this to work if I have the correct sync settings?

~ mender