Fade Out Command

Discuss future feature requests. All ideas welcome.

Moderator: jesse

jkndrkn

Fade Out Command

Post by jkndrkn »

Hey Jesse, I recently ditched the native LoopBack plugin in MainStage in favor of SooperLooper. SooperLooper is far more stable and less glitchy than LoopBack. However, I do miss the "fade out" feature that LoopBack has.

Using this feature, I could fade out all currently-recorded audio in the loop while continuing to overdub. Very handy for replacing one ambient soundscape with another.
jesse

Re: Fade Out Command

Post by jesse »

That would be a useful feature. If you lower the feedback control it will start fading out the currently recorded loop content at each pass, but if you are overdubbing for longer than one cycle it will fade the last recorded overdub cycle too, which I assume is not what you wanted.

I haven't added new features to SL in a long time.... no guarantees I'll be getting to it anytime soon :(
jkndrkn

Re: Fade Out Command

Post by jkndrkn »

Hey Jesse! Thanks for your quick reply. Adjusting the feedback parameter is something I plan on experimenting with. I do tend to record pretty long loops as "ambient beds" that I want to fade out in 5 - 10 seconds sometimes so it won't work in these cases but it will definitely work for shorter loops. I am currently assigning a foot controller as a volume pedal on the output of my loop channel as a workaround but this introduces increased chances of goofing up in a live situation.

Having this new feature added would be awesome but I understand totally that this project is more of a labor of love for you and that it has been stable for quite a while.

Anyway, thanks again for at least agreeing that it would be useful.