Feature Request: trigger_solo

Discuss future feature requests. All ideas welcome.

Moderator: jesse

Pekka

Feature Request: trigger_solo

Post by Pekka »

Hello,

I want to use SL in serial mode so that I have independent loops (different length) and they play one at a time. I have set up Korg Nanokontrol2's transport buttons to this purpose:

REC as record_and_overdub_solo
PLAY as trigger (should be trigger_solo)
STOP as mute
TRACK buttons change to previous or next loop

So I would like to first record couple of loops and then as seamessly as possible change them. As far as I understand, now I have to also mute previous track to do this or press REC but it starts overdubbing and I don't want that. trigger_solo command would solve this. Or have I missed something? :roll:

And other thing that would be useful in serial mode is so-called "master loop" that would not go to mute when other track is soloed. Similar as in Boomerang III. It would be a drum /rhythm track and it would play in the background and still would be able to solo other loops synced to this loop. Perhaps a "mute/solo override" button for each loop?

And of course it would be nice to have all this in OS X 10.6.8. :) Is it a wishful thinking?
jesse

Re: Feature Request: trigger_solo

Post by jesse »

You can bind multiple commands to the same midi binding, just add a new binding using the same midi info. So you should be able to bind your PLAY button to both solo and trigger that way and get the results you want. Seems to work over here!

Your "master loop" idea with a mute/solo override is a good idea!
Pekka

Post by Pekka »

Ok thanks, didn't realize to set multiple bindings. :-) I think it would be just mute override when other track is soloed. It would be nice to set the master loop to solo if needed.
Pekka

Post by Pekka »

Doesn't work right for me still! :( If I want to trigger currently soloed loop with PLAY button it also goes out of solo and I have a cacophony going as other loops start playing too. There doesn't seem to be solo_on command..? It would solve this.
jesse

Post by jesse »

You're right, it needs a 'solo_on' command to ensure the behavior you want, (or a 'trigger_solo' :), or I need to make trigger not change the solo state.
Pekka

Post by Pekka »

Thanks for the reply. I can live without the trigger but it would be nice to trigger current loop 'DJ style'. :-) Perhaps adding 'solo_on' would be the simplest solution IMO.