Starting loop at a given point

Discuss future feature requests. All ideas welcome.

Moderator: jesse

Tch3tch

Starting loop at a given point

Post by Tch3tch »

Hi,

what I'd like to do is quite simple to explain : I would like to be able to start the loop at a given point by sending a CC to the "position" bar.

Right now, it does some interesting stuffs with the scratch button, but I can't figure out a way to "jump" from a position to another.

Is is complicated to do? Where should I look at if I want to do it myself?

Think (edit : eh eh...it wasn't on purpose) a lot!

Best

T.
Last edited by Tch3tch on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jesse

Re: Starting loop at a given point

Post by jesse »

There is actually no command that will do that, unfortunately. You found that scratch mode can sort of do it, but it isn't what you need.

I would need to add a new control in the code to really get what you want. I'll put it on the feature list.
Tch3tch

Re: Starting loop at a given point

Post by Tch3tch »

Hi!

I found this thread about the same subject.... I guess I'm not alone to want this ;) http://www.essej.net/slforum/viewtopic. ... &sk=t&sd=a
(it's about the set_sync_position, I've tried and it lead me to the same conclusion as the other guys... I got closer tho, since could start from another point)

I do beleive it could be a really awesome feature, cause it'll turn sooperlooper into a live beat slicer (my goal here)...
With mididings to translate midi notes into midi CC the loop could even easily be played with a keyboard...

Guess what?

I'd love this!

If I can help by any means, please tell me!