record_or_overdub_solo_next

Discuss future feature requests. All ideas welcome.

Moderator: jesse

WonderfulLivesTim

record_or_overdub_solo_next

Post by WonderfulLivesTim »

Hi,
Just looking in midi commands and there's a record_solo_next but no record_or_overdub_solo_next - Is this something that can be added? or is there a way to create this by combining multiple commands - so far haven't worked out how.
Am new to mac and SL from PC and Mobius and just trying to create the equivalent of a Mobius Track by making a session with 4 or so loops and I switch between them for different sections of the song each time soloing the one I switch to and overdubbing.

Thanks, I'll be sure to send some donations your way once I work everything out...

Tim
www.thewonderfullives.com
JeffHendricks

Re: record_or_overdub_solo_next

Post by JeffHendricks »

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to add this command in, and I could see where you'd want to use something like that. I don't know of any way to do that with existing commands, unless you stack them. You could possibly use separate buttons for each loop that select the loop, solo it, and do rec/dub at the same time. I'll have to play with it and see if it's even possible.
WonderfulLivesTim

Post by WonderfulLivesTim »

Thanks Jeff,
It would be great to have it - every time I think of a set up for a new song I come back around to needing that command. Definitely needs to all happen at once rather than multiple clicks.
jesse

Post by jesse »

Agreed, not sure how I missed including that one.