sooper looper midi sequencing tracks (big feature request)

Discuss future feature requests. All ideas welcome.

Moderator: jesse

nik

sooper looper midi sequencing tracks (big feature request)

Post by nik »

Hi there, Hi Jesse,

first let me tell you that I am a big fan of SooperLooper. I use it mainly for live looping microphone recordings. In parallel I am using jack-rack and a sampler (specimen) which I control from a midi keyboard. For a while now I am thinking that I would love to have a program, a midi sequencer, working the same way as SooperLooper. Recording midi tracks live and play them in a desired way. I think this is different from a standard sequencer.

I didn't find anything on the net yet, so I started designing my own little program with the desired features (design as in thinking of it's design, rather than programming). Although I have programming experiences this would be a bit too big for me and than I thought that it could come straight as a feature in SooperLooper. It should be possible without too much work, when not done from scratch...

Well, what do you think, loopers?
moogmusic

Re: sooper looper midi sequencing tracks (big feature reques

Post by moogmusic »

Could you not achieve this with Seq24? It's a loop based MIDI sequencer.
kasbah

Post by kasbah »

I have tried seq24 and as far as I can tell it is more for loop arrangement in advance rather than live-looping.

I think this would be a really nice feature for SL but it would require a lot of work.
Soizic

Post by Soizic »

Hi loopers !

Did you find anything ?
I'm also interested in looping midi virtual instruments (in Logic)... better than capturing directly the audio in SL because midi can be quantized :)

I'm trying to find something in Logic, the final aim would be to combine audio and midi looping with Logic and SL.