Preferences window for Latency/Misc display is garbled

Report anything that appears to be a bug here.

Moderator: jesse

ericfont

Preferences window for Latency/Misc display is garbled

Post by ericfont »

Self-compiled 1.7.8 on Debian 11. When I open preferences and go to the "Latency/Misc" tab, it looks like:
slgui178_preferences.png
slgui178_preferences.png (20.95 KiB) Viewed 8552 times
I have to manually increase the windows width for it to display properly.
ericfont

Re: Preferences window for Latency/Misc display is garbled

Post by ericfont »

just making a note I'm on my arch linux boot with wxwidgets 3.1.5 and all other packages up-to-date as of now...but I don't see this problem. Maybe the best way to test this is to check out a fresh Debian 11 live cd and run it in a virtual machine.
ericfont

Post by ericfont »

Debian 11 LXQt live dvd in virtual box shows this window correctly...
ericfont

Post by ericfont »

But on Debian 11 KDE fresh install (in virtualbox from live install cd) and when install via sonobus settings I get the garbled display:
debian-11-kde-sooper-looper-latency-prefs-display-back-v176.png
debian-11-kde-sooper-looper-latency-prefs-display-back-v176.png (93.13 KiB) Viewed 7787 times
Though what I discovered is if I expand the window size by clicking the rightmost edge and dragging right (a pixel seems to be enough), then the display become ungarbled. SO sounds like the solution lies in making sure the window's width is property set and drawn when the prefs window is created.
ericfont

Post by ericfont »

I will note that after fixing it, when resizing the window back to the minimum width possible, then display remains correct. And if I close the preferences window and reopen it, then it remains OK.

However if I close sooperlooper entirely and reopen it and go back to the latency/misc tab of preferences window, the display is garbled again.

I will also note that if I close sooperlooper entirely and open it and go to preferences window and first reszie it however (even resize back to minimum) then when clicking on the Latency/Misc tab, the display is OK. So it seems that doing a resize does something to trigger the latency/misc tab to properly layout.
ericfont

Post by ericfont »

even simply doing a *vertical-only* resize seems to fix it.
ericfont

Post by ericfont »

I'm verifying that the garbling happens when I self-compile v1.7.8 via github in my Debian 11 KDE virtual machine.
ericfont

Post by ericfont »

uncommenting line 206 in src/gui/latency_panel.cpp fixed it:

Code: Select all

//topsizer->Fit( this ); // set size to minimum size as calculated by the sizer
I've created a pull request for your consideration: https://github.com/essej/sooperlooper/pull/17