MIDI Start

Report anything that appears to be a bug here.

Moderator: jesse

sam_square

MIDI Start

Post by sam_square »

We had a chance to try out the MIDI start option yesterday. I have the SL AU out midi going out of a midi interface to a pc running Ableton Live. My friend has Live stopped at 0 and when I trigger a loaded clip, nothing happens for him. the only way I can get something to happen is to change the sync source. When switching to internal/jack, Live starts playing. Also when I switch to Loop1 live triggers. Pressing the 'trigger' button doesn't seem to trigger.

I have checked the preference. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm going to set this up over a wireless network to another computer running logic express and see if I get the same behavior tonight.

-sam
jesse

Re: MIDI Start

Post by jesse »

Looking at the code, it appears that the trigger to send start will only work when the 'sync to' is set to one of the loop #s. I will try to fix that in the next release.

But wait, are you saying that the act of switching the 'sync to' value actually sends the midi start?
sam_square

Post by sam_square »

>>But wait, are you saying that the act of switching the 'sync to' value actually sends the midi start?
Yes, exactly, and that's the only way I can get it to fire. And it only does it when switching to host and again when switching to loop1. Not loop2, etc.

And loops are the only things we sync to btw.

Recording a new loop on loop1 worked find, sending a start message and holding sync with Ableton for quite a while. I also tried to load a loop and then trigger it - I couldn't get playback during the rehearsal. I'll confirm this tonight and send an example session if that's true.

Thanks! :D
sam_square

Post by sam_square »

I neglected to replace the AU, so that was the problem. Everything seems to be running very nicely.