Undo stack doesn't pop off first recording if added more than one entry to stack

Report anything that appears to be a bug here.

Moderator: jesse

ericfont

Undo stack doesn't pop off first recording if added more than one entry to stack

Post by ericfont »

If I create a new loop and recorded something and then press undo, then undo works properly to return that loop to the initial state of having nothing recorded.

However, if I create a new loop and perform more than one recording and or overdub, then pressing undo only works to pop off changes up until it reaches the first recording, at which point pressing undo fails to properly return that loop tot eh initial state of having nothing recorded.

Example steps:

Press Ctrl-1 to add a new loop.
Press record and say "One".
Press record (or overdub) and say "Two".
Press undo and will correctly hear "One".
but Pressing undo a subsequent time doesn't revert back to having nothing recorded on that track.

jesse

Re: Undo stack doesn't pop off first recording if added more than one entry to stack

Post by jesse »

Yes, this was done intentionally to prevent accidental extra undo steps going to silence. If you you long-press undo it will reset to silence. Or you can hit Mute, if what you really want is silence. Way back in the early development days I found it sometimes easy to lose track of how many undos there were left and musically found it better to avoid a jarring thing like that.

Perhaps it should be an option whether or or not undos (with a stack bigger than 1) will allow it go all the way back to silence.