Loaded into Logic - no Sound

Using SL inside Apple's Logic

Moderator: jesse

strask

Loaded into Logic - no Sound

Post by strask »

I am new to Sooper/Looper, as either a plug-in or a stand alone. I downloaded it and have installed the AU version as per the instructions. I launched Logic in 32 bit so as to validate the AU and then relaunched in 64-bit mode. I linked the plug-in to the application so as to access the GUI. I instantiated the plug-in on an instrument track with an instrument loaded on it. This caused the instrument to stop making sound. I loaded it onto an audio track and it did nothing. I have tried to use side chain input but that does nothing. I am using no pedals, just intending to interact with Sooper/Looper using my mouse. What am I doing wrong? I have noticed other people with similar issues who have either not mentioned their issues being fixed or who have announced that they have figured it out and then give no indication how. So, I am at a loss.
strask

Re: Loaded into Logic - no Sound

Post by strask »

Anybody want to lend a hand? I've read the manuals but I cannot get anything to work inside of Logic. Even the tempo won't sync. Is there a decent tutorial somewhere? Or does one just click on things randomly until something happens?

Edit: I should add that through watching the video tutorial by Fosco Music I have been successful in setting up SooperLooper as a stand alone application. But routing audio to and from it using it as a plug in in Logic escapes me.
strask

Post by strask »

OK, so this AU does not work in 64-bit Logic. Now I can begin the process of learning how to use SL, as opposed to just yelling at it and shaking my fist.
oskarschonning

Post by oskarschonning »

Hello,

I have the same problem, both in 32-bit and 64-bit mode.

I recently downloaded Sooperlooper (v 1.7.2) and Im now trying to get it to work with Logic Pro 9. I had no problem loading SL as a AU-plugin, but I dont get any output from it. I see that SL gets input (in the "main in mon"-box), but I dont see, or hear, any output.

Best regards

Oskar Schönning,
Stockholm
jesse

Post by jesse »

I don't have Logic Pro 9 to test with (I have Logic Pro X), but I had to enable Software Monitoring (in preferences->audio) in order to make the AU plugin work properly. When you record a loop, do you see activity in the output slider area as the audio loops? In addition to software monitoring, you may need to rec-enable or enable input-monitor on the track that you inserted the AU plugin in.
oskarschonning

Post by oskarschonning »

Problem solved. Just had to crank up the "main in mon". Found the answer and how to to it 07:40 into this tutorial:
http://www.samgreene.com/sooperlooper-m ... p-tutorial

/ Oskar
jesse

Post by jesse »

OK good, you didn't mention you wanted to monitor your input, only that you couldn't hear output :) I almost added the 'in mon' tip but for some reason didn't!