Tempo does not show up in meter

Using SL inside Ableton Live

Moderator: jesse

arthurleeland

Tempo does not show up in meter

Post by arthurleeland »

When slaving Ableton to SL the tempo meter in SL is not reading my tempo properly.

Midi Clock Output is on in SL and in Live’s Pref under Midi, the sync tab is on for “Input: SooperLooperAU-Out and Live’s EXT tab is on.

“Sync To = Internal” NO tempo shows up in SL meter AND no midi clock gets sent to Ableton.

“Sync To = Loop 1” Tempo reads faster than what my loop is actually at. (I play 90bpm and it reads 115bpm) but Ableton now sees the midi clock!

Also while I’m here, for the opposite situation (slaving SL to Live’s clock) how do you get SL to record in quantize mode so you can press record and wait a bar then have SL go into record mode automatically and then press Record again b4 the phrase is over so that record would stop on the downbeat of the next bar?

Thanks
arthurleeland

Re: Tempo does not show up in meter

Post by arthurleeland »

We got the tempo sync going. But lots of other issues.
1) Multiply stops after 20 bars and then it just ends the loop and loops without pressing record to end Multiply.

2) After multiple presses of Undo or Undo, Redo then pressing Undo again wipes the entire loop. Or after the Multiply stops at the 20 bar Mark and you press Undo it wipes the whole loop.

2019 MacBook Pro
10.15.7 Catalina

Latest version of Sooper Looper

Ableton Live 10.1.25

Using SL as a AU plug
Last edited by arthurleeland on Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arthurleeland

Post by arthurleeland »

So 40 seconds max loop time makes this app useless as a alternative to Mobius!!!! 40 seconds = 20 bars at 115bpm or so. So bummed.
jesse

Post by jesse »

You can adjust the loop memory when you create the loop itself. Use Add Custom Loop... and set the maximum loop memory time to whatever you want!