scratch position from a continuous controller value

Talk about your MIDI bindings and controller setup

Moderator: jesse

MrNoInk

scratch position from a continuous controller value

Post by MrNoInk »

Hello from Cape Town, South Africa!

This is my first post and hopefully not my last.
I'm new to using Sooperlooper but very excited about using it!

I am building an arduino based foot controller to control sooperlooper and I'm also looking to set up a row of buttons on my launchpad Mini, that from left to right, send increasing control change values (in 8ths of 128) on a specified continuous MIDI Controller.

Is it possible to link that specific continuous controller to the scratch parameter, and then as each button is pressed and transmits a lower or higher value, the scratch goes to that proportionate position and plays from there?

It would be a great way to achieve a Monome.org-like MLR beat slicing on the fly. Also is there any output from Sooperlooper that informs on each loop's play head position? That could be used to trigger the lights on a launchpad.

Here is a link to a video reference of what I think could be an interesting use case for sooperlooper - slicing samples (one per loop) across multiple rows of a launchpad:

https://youtu.be/LaUqQfgbz9Q

I'm interested to hear all your feedback,
Regards,
C
C
The ever adapting, improviser

"Nothing is ever so bad..... that it cannot get worse. So, always expect the worst... that way when it happens you're not disappointed.... and... things can always get better.'