Cannot get any response from SL

Problems getting SL up and running on a Mac? Post here.

Moderator: jesse

Eze

Cannot get any response from SL

Post by Eze »

I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to get SL to work with MainStage 3 (heard there were problems). So then I moved to trying to use it as a stand alone. I have downloaded Jack OSX .89 and SooperLooper 1.7.0. I Have an FCB1010 Foot controller that I have successfully used with MS3, but haven't even got started with Sooper Looper. There are some good videos on how to set this up. This one is in German, but has subtitles. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTdpx_EZWnw

I can get SL to open up and I can press the record button, but it does not receive the audio I try to record with my apogee Mic. When I try to set up Jack, One of the videos (there are 5 of them) says that it should recognize my FCB1010 when I plug it in but it does not. I also tried to get MainStage three to recognize SL, but it does not.

Thanks for any insight.
Eze

Re: Cannot get any response from SL

Post by Eze »

I have managed to get SL to work as a stand alone and that is great. Now I would like to see if anyone can tell me how to integrate it with MainStage.

Thanks Eze
f0m3

Post by f0m3 »

Well, let me give you some more :mrgreen: hints ...
Is the music software you are using jack-based? Then you have to connect the ins and outs as i did with ardour 2.
If it is not you have to use a jack router au or vst plugin in that software to handle connections to SL.
Look here: http://www.jackosx.com/about.html
Eze

Post by Eze »

F0m3, I believe I need to thank you for your 5 part video series on SooperLooper. It is outstanding and I wouldn't have been able to set it up without your help. SooperLooper is amazing as a stand alone, but i would really like to use it in MainStage.

As to MainStage, I tried following Sam Greene's Video on setting up SooperLooper with MainStage but when I get to the part (5:14) where he opens an insert drop down, under audio units - essej.net - SooperLooper au. I only have Apple under audio units.

http://www.samgreene.com/sooperlooper-m ... p-tutorial

I guess I need to know how to get essej.net - SooperLooper au to show up and perhaps that is what you are alluding to. I'm sure this is in some of the literature somewhere, but I am having a hard time figuring it out

Thanks, Eric
f0m3

Post by f0m3 »

Did you copy the sooperlooper AU plugin into /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components ?
The AU Plugin file is part of the sooperlooper dmg downloaded from this page! There should be a readme too!
Eze

Post by Eze »

The SooperLooper Au is in there.

Have you heard anything about MainStage 3 being incompatible with the current version of SooperLooper:?:

Thanks Eric
f0m3

Post by f0m3 »

Sry, i dont know anything about that "Mainstage" software...
Eze

Post by Eze »

Thanks for your efforts. :)