Scripting?

Discuss future feature requests. All ideas welcome.

Moderator: jesse

Stavros

Scripting?

Post by Stavros »

I know its big and has been requested before but any thoughts on status or possibilities?
While SL already has most of what I need......it would be soooooooo nice to be able to write simple scripts.
Also save you boyz alot of trouble with adding feature requests! lol
Thanks
:)
Stavros
kasbah

Re: Scripting?

Post by kasbah »

What do you mean exactly? I have started working on a re-write (called SLim) where I want to allow of arbitary combinations of MIDI bindable commands (so I don't get feature request for all the possible combinations). Is this similar to what you are thinking or something else?
Stavros

Re: Scripting?

Post by Stavros »

Thats exactly what Im talking about....great news to hear your working on it. Thanks!

The ability to create/address specific loops and combine bindings with simple conditional statements like for/if/else/while/when will be a game changer!
Something similar to the simple approach Mobius uses which is pretty easy to understand without knowing how to write code.(which I dont)
For example.....a simple custom Record/Overdub/Play combination, like the one you already have might look like this.

for
Current Loop

if
Empty =True
Record

else if
Record =True
Overdub

else if
Overdub =True
Play

else
Play
Stavros

Re: Stacking bindings in Mainstage is possible

Post by Stavros »

For those who do not realize it......
You can actually stack bindings in Mainstage...and its easy.....and it works...brilliantly
Mainstage allows multiple mappings to a single button and they appear to execute in sequence correctly.
Just create a button...map it to a binding...click+ to add another mapping and so on.

For example you can create a button to do all of the following in sequence with a single click
While you are recording a loop.....click a button to
1-Trigger currently recording loop ( basically Play current loop)
2-Select next loop
3-Record Selected loop

So you are essentially recoding onto the next loop while the first loop starts playing...with a single click....very useful
(there is a binding for this already in SL Jesse made)

What you CANNOT do is have conditional statements which says...
On click
If loop 1 is in Record
then go into Overdub
and if its in Overdub
then go into Play
etc

Which is why we need some kind of scripting which allows for greater control
Until then....check out SL with Mainstage.
:)
s