clicks and vanishing overdubs

Report anything that appears to be a bug here.

Moderator: jesse

taittinger

clicks and vanishing overdubs

Post by taittinger »

I am having a problem that has previously been reported in this forum: audible clicks when I use the "overdub" command...plus something new: I record something...I overdub on it...when I switch to a new loop and use the "record" command, the overdubs on the first loop disappear, leaving only the material that was first recorded, before I hit "overdub." This happens only when "sync to" is set to "loop1." If it's set to "none," "loop2," or any other option, everything works as it should. Is this a bug? This was not happening previously, but I can't figure out what could have changed in my settings.

I have reinstalled sooperlooper, trashed preferences, tried every permutation of sync settings, redone the midi bindings...everything I can think of. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I'm running sooperlooper 1.6.16 as au in live 8.2.1, m-audio fasttrack pro (i've tried 16 bit, 24 bit...same problem), os 10.5.8 on a macbook...and softstep...
jesse

Re: clicks and vanishing overdubs

Post by jesse »

If you could save a session from within the SL gui when you have the issue, and post it here (a .slsess file) that would help me reproduce the issue. Thanks!
taittinger

Post by taittinger »

thanks so much for your response, jesse!
i think i've solved the vanishing overdubs problem by reinstalling sooperlooper one more time...plus making sure the au component is in ~/library/audio/plug-Ins/components/ folder...and that also, miraculously, has seemed to help with the clicking issue...
taittinger

Post by taittinger »

sorry, but i'm still having an issue with audible clicks when i go out of overdub mode (and sometimes other modes as well). i have tried many different combinations of latency and sync/quantize settings...i have tried two different audio interfaces and two different midi controls...same problem. sometimes it goes away for a while, but it always recurs...

i just tried to attach a saved sooperlooper session to show current settings but the board says the extension slsess is not allowed?! is there some other way to attach?

thanks so much for any help! i really want to use sooperlooper for live performance but obviously can't as long as this click problem persists...
kasbah

Post by kasbah »

You could paste it somewhere like: https://gist.github.com/

Jesse really wants to fix this issue before the 1.7.0 release. Which is why the release hasn't been made. I myself can't really help with this one without a lot of time spent trying to understand that 3500 line file (plugin.cc) that is the innermost heart of SL. I have started reading it and playing with it but I have a long way to go...
taittinger

Post by taittinger »

thanks, kasbah! i've been using sooperlooper (clicks and all)...but now i'm running into the problem of not being able to use it in 64-bit live (i'm on 8.4, mac osx 10.8.3)...is there any chance the new release is going to be 64-bit?

thanks so much!