Using PROXI to remap, with great success.

Using SL inside Apple's MainStage

Moderator: jesse

aspersemusic

Using PROXI to remap, with great success.

Post by aspersemusic »

No pictures yet, but I took (someone else's) idea of the qwerty keyboard as a SL controller.

Proxi - a remapping app (freeware) allows mapping in a simple intuitive way, has
allowed me to controll 4 loops tracks,
with: undo,record,overdub,channel select and mute.
I also have two specialty buttons that allow me to switch (hands free) between Sooper Looper and Main Stage.
I also have my apple remote to change patches in MainStage... so, essentially, other than a few commands that
I don't use currently, it is nearly perfect.

I do wish it was possible to bind a keystroke to select the next/previous track
of sooperlooper... that way i could do more than 4 and have two extra buttons to mess around assigning.
Also doesn't appear that the speed buttons (1/2 or 1 or 2x) aren't mappable in this way.

http://www.myspace.com/aspersemusic
(samples)

as a sigle father, I am yet to donate, but this is the best freeware app (for me) that I"ve
ever used, please keep developing it, and the money will come.
sam_square

Re: Using PROXI to remap, with great success.

Post by sam_square »

"I also have two specialty buttons that allow me to switch (hands free) between Sooper Looper and Main Stage."

How did you do this? I have an apple script to bring SL to the front, but haven't gotten it to work in SL. I think I need to reinstall MS - none of the prepackaged scripts work.

I have a sustain pedal that plugs into my midi keyboard. I'm using that as a record button to sit next to my drum set.
aspersemusic

Post by aspersemusic »

I use Proxy, it has an option to assign keys (in this case the Num Lock and - keys on the num pad) to launch an application.
if the program is already launched there is an option to activate the program instaed. so one button brings up
SL and the other MS.

it's pretty cool. i initally tried working the alt-tab like feature of max osx to just toggle... but couldn't work it out.

i'm just trying to work out how to just select previous or next loop... you know, just two buttons to navigate...
that would open up room for more stuff.

11 seems to be the max i can squeze out of a qwerty.

and i have to do it barefoot.
sam_square

Post by sam_square »

I was trying to do an apple script mapped to a midi control - but it wasn't working out. It said 'tell application 'sooperlooper' activate' - pretty simple. Seems like you have a good solution for a qwerty though.

Are you not able to find the next loop/previous loop - or you just don't have enough keys/small enough toes?
aspersemusic

Post by aspersemusic »

I use the "Fkeys".. 1st one in each bunch to select 1-4.
The other keys are set up towards the bottom of the keyboard,
i also use teh down arrow key
and 3 of the number pad buttons.
jesse

Post by jesse »

As for next/prev_loop, right now the only way to get those is through MIDI or OSC bindings, not the keyboard. So if you can find a way to send MIDI events via one of these tools, you could do it.

I'll try to find a way to get that into the keybindings though.