Live MIDI binding

Talk about your MIDI bindings and controller setup

Moderator: jesse

JES

Live MIDI binding

Post by JES »

Hi All,

Just trying out SL to see if it's the solution for me. I need a simple looper that I can map to my Disaster Amps DMC-7D foot pedal in Live. Live's looper is no good because I do a lot of ambient stuff and need crossfading, not clicks.

So, my problem is this: I can't seem to figure out how to MIDI map in Live to SL. I have tried using the MIDI Bridge software and that doesn't seem to work. I have tried MIDI mapping in Live, and that doesn't seem to work. I've tried right-clicking for MIDI-learn inside the interface and that doesn't seem to work. Clearly there's something basic I don't get. All my other plugins are simply able to MIDI learn in Live. Any suggestions would be appreciated, including links to old threads that have already answered my question.

Thank you.
AmandaC

Re: Live MIDI binding

Post by AmandaC »

JES wrote:Hi All,

Just trying out SL to see if it's the solution for me. I need a simple looper that I can map to my Disaster Amps DMC-7D foot pedal in Live. Live's looper is no good because I do a lot of ambient stuff and need crossfading, not clicks.

So, my problem is this: I can't seem to figure out how to MIDI map in Live to SL. I have tried using the MIDI Bridge software and that doesn't seem to work. I have tried MIDI mapping in Live, and that doesn't seem to work. I've tried right-clicking for MIDI-learn inside the interface and that doesn't seem to work. Clearly there's something basic I don't get. All my other plugins are simply able to MIDI learn in Live. Any suggestions would be appreciated, including links to old threads that have already answered my question.

Thank you.
I also need help with the same. If anyone could point out some beginners tips then it would be great.

Thansk in advance.
Regards,
Amanda