Fancy Midi routing or passthrough

Talk about your MIDI bindings and controller setup

Moderator: jesse

jes5199

Fancy Midi routing or passthrough

Post by jes5199 »

I have to admit, sooperlooper is pretty sweet. Of all the open source loop tools, it's the only one that seems to have been actually designed by a software architect.

But there's a few things that I've seen the other loopers do that I haven't figured out how to replicate in S.L.
For example, what if I want to bind a Midi Piano's note to a loop, but use the rest of keys for my synth -- Sooper's output midi isn't a passthrough like some other loopers'. If I use Jack/Alsa to connect the keyboard to both S.L. and the synth, the note still sounds-- polluting my music.
Is there some other tool that I should use to do this event-level routing between different Midi-consuming applications?
(I wanna keep my setup open source, as much as possible)

~
nik

Re: Fancy Midi routing or passthrough

Post by nik »

hi,

I haven't checked the passthrough thing you are talking about, but I know a simple tool called qmidiroute which might do the job you are looking for. with ubuntu distribution it comes in the pack.
You can set up filter and mapping rules for midi channels. You could then send the midi signal from the keyboard to qmidiroute and map your desired record-key to a different channel.

hope it helps